Position: Industrial Maintenance Technician
Location: La Vergne, Tennessee 37086/ Griffin, Georgia 30223
Duration: Full Time
Shift: 3rd (Night Shift 6PM-6AM)
Rotating 12-hour shift
Under the direction of the Department Supervisor, safely maintain, install, and fabricate production equipment to fulfill customer requirements. Position will require individual to work 12-hours shift as well as overtime requirements. Preference will be given to individuals with industrial experience. Will be accountable in the areas of safety, housekeeping (5S), quality (IMS), people, customer, costs, environmental (EMS), and productivity. Overtime possible.
Essential Duties AND Responsibilities:
- Work in alignment with plant mission statement.
- Practices clients Core Values in daily interactions with others.
- Work safely and identify safety issues. Responsible for his/her own safety and has significant responsibility for the safety of others through identifying unsafe conditions.
- Leadership – Is capable of working without direct supervision
- Reports and Reporting - Must demonstrate a working knowledge of production reports and departmental work instructions and ISO Documentation.
- Materials or Products - Care and attention is necessary to ensure rubber products are produced according to specifications.
- Care of equipment - Care should be taken when starting, operating or stopping equipment to prevent damage to equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of and follow the Quality Policy, Standard Operating Procedures.
- Bridgestone Licensed Forklift Operator.
- Maintain equipment for industrial production, industrial processing, pipeline distribution systems, conveyors.
- Experience with motors, pumps.
- Install machinery
- Make minor adjustments to equipment and machinery
- Take apart equipment to make repairs
- Replace worn and broken parts
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Inspect parts for damage
- Reassemble equipment
- Test and observe running machinery
- Use soldering irons, hoists and lifts, grinders, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, testing equipment.
- Test fixed machinery
- Clean and lubricate parts
- Read and use blueprints, schematics, manuals, technical drawings, work orders, test results, machine error messages.
- Record all work activities
- Use database software.
- Comply with safety regulations
- Work with a maintenance team
- May be exposed to loud noise (92 dBA), chemicals and moving machinery when on production floor.
- Heavy physical effort is required to maneuver through plant that includes climbing stairs / ladders, working in tight space. Considerable amount of standing and walking is necessary.
- Maximum lifting of 50lbs is required. However, Teammate will need to be able to handle heavy parts with a lift assist or team lift. Lifting requirements range from a height of 6 inches to a possible height of 5 feet.
- Teammate will need to use lift assist device / team lift for heavier material (max 130lbs) occasionally. Teammate will need to be able to manipulate material weighing up 130lbs occasionally.
- Teammate will need to be able to use various hand tools.
- Non-Routine Task: Assisting other departments with fallen rubber material, to include bending, pulling, cutting and/or lifting material up to 50 lbs. and/or manipulate material up to 130 lbs. roll on its side to roll towards a lift assist or onto a pallet.
- May work “over-their-scheduled-time” as well as weekends as necessary to ensure continuity of operations. Might be asked to work extended hours if business dictates such demands.
- Candidate must be willing to work any shift and flexible to change based on plant needs.
- A considerable degree of mental and visual effort is required to provide resource assistance to manufacturing. Must pay special attention to details and be able to work without direct supervision
- Med Heavy Work: Lifting 65-70 lbs. max w/frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.