To discuss more about this job opportunity, please reach out to Chitrank Rastogi (LinkedIn URL - https://www.linkedin.com/in/chitrank-rastogi-55119a102/), email your updated resume at Email - firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at (425) 523-1648. Thank you!
Pay Range - $28 to $32/hr. (negotiable)
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
- DOT (Discovery Operations Team) has an opening for an Associate Scientist I position in the Organic Chemistry area.
- This position will provide opportunities to learn how to work in an organic chemistry laboratory and use multiple programs associated with compound registration.
- This position will be responsible for a short-term project for registering proprietary compounds and uploading inventory into a new automated storage unit.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Register and return known compounds to the chemical repository
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards and safe laboratory practices.
- Keep accurate and current records of research and/or project related activities according to our policies.
What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
- Hands-on experience with organic compounds in an organic synthesis laboratory
- Ability to accurately transfer and weigh out compounds in a laboratory setting
- Ability to operate a variety of software platforms
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with scientists
- Experience in synthetic organic chemistry and the ability to communicate effectively
- Experience with working with a variety of different computer programs
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
Years of experience/education and/or certifcations required:
- AS or BS in Organic Chemistry or closely related field with 0+ years (AS) or (BS) preferred; will consider those still in school with Organic Chemistry lab course experience
Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemistry , Synthetic Chemistry, Organic Compounds, Biotechnology , Pharma , Pharmaceuticals